Tuesday 22 April 2014

Task 7

I think that I have done well in creating my part of the application. I planned out what I wanted to do and knew what I needed to do to get there. This helped as it meant it was much easier to complete and finish the project.

I think that to improve my animation I would improve the drawings. I would try to make the meerkat's face stay looking like a meerkat. As it moved and turned I found it difficult to keep it looking the same shape and so it ended up looking very different in some places.

I think that I could have planned out the tap animation more before I went ahead and did it, this way I would have been more prepared to create it. I didn't really plan it and just ended up creating it as I went along. In future I think it would be much better to plan it before I started creating.

The sound which I have used in my animation helps to get across what is happening, such as the digging sound and the crawling sound. To improve I think I could have added more. I think a snapping sound would be effective for when the meerkat bites because it would make it more obvious what is happening. I think some sort of 'boing' noise would have gone well when the meerkat was stretched and 'pinged' across the screen.

My tap animation where the meerkat leans forward and tries to bite you could be improved. I think that the animation goes too fast and that some people may be unsure of what happened due to it being so fast. To improve this in future I can try to make sure my animations go slower and either draw more frames or make the frames last longer.  I think that adding a sound effect would also improve it to make it more obvious what is happening.

Most of the class managed to finish their animations and were able to add them into the application. Some people did not finish it very fast or totally correct which meant when it came to doing transitions where other peoples work was needed it became more difficult. Most people managed to pair up with people who were ready for making the transitions and finishing so it all worked and most people's animations made it into the application. There were some mistakes in the final app but it pretty much worked really well. 

Overall I think that I did well to complete my animation to a good standard especially as it was such a short term. I think that I did well to complete it all and even include a tap animation and sound effects with all of it working within the app. 

No comments:

Post a Comment